What does personal information include?
Personal information that we collect and hold is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities as an executive search and recruitment firm. The types of personal information we may collect about you may include:
- your resume or CV (including your name, contact details and employment history);
- information recorded when we interview you in person, over the phone or via an online platform;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- references we receive about you;
- results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, or professional associations;
- results of any competency, psychometric or medical tests we receive;
- information about any insurance investigation, litigation, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved we receive;
- visa details and right to work in Australia;
- any additional information about yourself that you provide us or a third party with.
How personal information is collected
We obtain most of our information from you directly, such as when you submit an application, CV or fill out our forms (including our website form/s). Personal information is also collected when:
- you attend our office for an interview or participate in a telephone or virtual interview with us;
- we undertake reference checks with your referees;
- we receive results of any psychometric, competency or medical tests;
- you provide us with any additional information about yourself.
We may also collect personal information from third and publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn, newspapers, journals, directories, the Internet and other social media sites.
How personal information is used and disclosed
Your personal information may be used by us in connection with:
- communicating with you;
- keeping you informed of new developments and industry updates that may be of interest to you;
- identifying potential employment opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- evaluating your employment application and/or suitability for a role;
- evaluating performance;
- evaluating competency, psychometric or medical assessments; or
- an investigation in which you are involved.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- potential employers;
- our employees, suppliers or contractors;
- your referees;
- any person with lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Personal information may also incorporate sensitive information, which might include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. We generally do not seek to collect such sensitive information, although sometimes it may be pertinent to a particular position or role. Such sensitive information will be used by us only for the primary purpose for which it was obtained and in most cases may only be collected and disclosed with your consent or if required by law.
Declaration & Consent
By submitting your details you are stating that all the information you have provided to ReithGordon is true and accurate and you have not omitted any information that would affect an employer’s decision to employ you. You do not have to provide personal information to us, however, if you do not, we may be restricted in our ability to identify or secure a suitable position for you.
The personal information collected from you at the time of your application for employment is assumed by ReithGordon to be accurate, honest, complete and up to date. If at any time you believe this personal information is no longer accurate, complete or up to date please advise us accordingly in writing.
Controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage & Security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Respect for Clients’ privacy
Organisations that work with ReithGordon have an obligation to ensure that the personal information we forward about candidates is adequately protected and secure. As detailed above, we are committed to protecting your personal information. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of the clients we represent. In order to facilitate the highest level of privacy for all parties, we ask that you agree to hold any and all information provided to you in the strictest of confidence.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices please contact our Privacy Officer at – email@example.com
Last update: May 2021